Terms and conditions
1) ABC School of English offers an accommodation service, for our students only.
2) Students are required to complete a booking form to arrange accommodation. ABC School will make every effort to meet all students’ requirements. It is more likely that requests can be met in full when bookings are placed at least one month prior to arrival. In July and August students are advised to book their accommodation well in advance.
3) An accommodation finding fee of £50.00 (non refundable) applies to all bookings.
4) The school requires at least four weeks (before the starting date of the booking) written notice in the event of the student having to cancel accommodation prior to arrival in the UK. This can be done by post or email and a full refund will be given. If the school does not receive written notice, the first four (or two, depending on the type of accommodation) weeks of accommodation will not be refunded.
5) Once a student has arrived, no refunds will be given, even in the case of cancellation caused by death or ill health of the student, family member or travelling companions. Students are strongly advised to take out insurance against such occurrences. Students are also advised that their belongings are not automatically insured against theft, loss or damage and should therefore take out personal/travel insurance for this.
6) No direct arrangements can be made between students and a homestay.
7) Students who booked a homestay should go directly to the accommodation upon arrival. Students will be provided with a map and directions how to get there. It is essential that the arrival time and destination airport are provided to the School before arrival, in order that the host can be advised. Unexpected arrival may result in the student being unable to gain access to the accommodation.
8) Our homestay accommodation agency reserves the right to allocate alternative homestay accommodation with prior notification.
9) Students will not be placed in the same homestay with students of the same mother tongue, except by special request.
10) Kitchen, washing machine, tumble dryer and other household appliances can be used at the discretion of the host.
11) The agency reserves the right to remove any student from their homestay accommodation if their behavior is deemed unreasonable (in this case no refunds will be considered). Equally, alternative homestay accommodation will be sought for any student not receiving adequate accommodation and service from their hosts.
12) Visitors are not allowed to enter the house unless by express permission.
13) Students are given front door keys and are urged to take great care not to mislay them as this may incur the cost of lock replacement and copy keys for all family members - please be prepared to pay for the repair or replacement of any item you may lose or damage.
14) No pets allowed.