Student visas

When you decide to study in the UK, you must make sure that your chosen school is accredited to accept overseas students.

ABC School of English is authorised by the UK Visa and Immigration service (UKVI), through our accreditation with Accreditation UK, to support students to apply for study visas.

Student visa news - Students can study for up to six months as visitors.

Anyone applying for a visa to study in the UK for less that six months will need a Standard Visitor visa.   If you are applying to study for up to six months, you must prove that you have been accepted onto a course, of no more than six months, provided by an accredited UK institution.  ABC School of English has been accredited by the British Council since 2009.

Students from the EU, EEA, Switzerland and other non-visa national countries do not require a visa to study for up to six months - they can travel without a visa and use the e-gates.

Anyone applying for a visa to study in the UK for between six and eleven months will need a Short Term Student Visa.  

To the best of our knowledge, any information given here is correct at the time of publication.  However, we strongly recommend that you check the relevant websites and with your nearest High Commission for the most up-to-date information.   

Immigration regulations are subject to change. It is important to check the UKVI website for the most up-to-date information:

Check if you need a UK visa

You may need a visa to come to the UK to visit, study or work, follow this link to visas and immigration section of the website.

There are many types of visas on which you can study with us: 

  • Standard Visitor visa 
  • Short Term Student visa (STS) - for between 6 and 11 months 
  • Tier 1,2 and 5 visa 
  • Diplomat visa
  • Dependent visa

Student Checklist

Applying to ABC School of English: 

  • Complete our booking form.
  • Send us a scanned copy of your passport.
  • Send us proof of funds.