We have interviewed our Callan Method teacher Emyr Humphreys about his experience in teaching English and at ABC School of English. We have learned his opinion about the school and we have got to know him better.
- Could you tell us a bit more about yourself: hobbies, interests, dreams?
I like to read, write, listen to music and practice jiu-jitsu.
- Why did you decide to become a teacher?
My dream is to travel around the world and work in languages.
- How long have you been teaching English for?
I have been teaching English for 3 years (already!).
- What is your teaching philosophy?
I find that encouraging curiosity is the key to productive lessons.
- How do you help students experience success?
I try and help students smile, as a class is much better with happy students.
- What skills should English teachers have?
The ability to encourage the student and make them want to learn. Also, clear enunciating and gestures are very important.
- What do you like the most about ABC School of English?
I love the location and the fact that I get to work with people from around the world every day.
- What teaching have you done? General English, Business…
I’ve taught in many contexts: General English, Business English, Conversation and private tutoring.
- Travel experience and teaching experience?
I’ve taught all ages. I got my EFL Certificate while doing university in Liverpool, and after that, I lived in Porto Alegre (Brazil) for almost 3 years. I’ve also lived in Buenos Aires, and I love to travel regularly.